- Preheat the oven to 175oC
- Grease the moulds of a cupcake tray with melted butter
- Brush squares of filo pastry with melted butter and carefully push into each mould
- Repeat with a further two squares of filo pastry until you have 10 pastry cases, each three layers thick
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling and carefully divide between the pastry cases
- Bake in the oven for 13-16 minutes until the tops are firm to the touch and golden brown
- Allow to cool then top each with crushed walnuts, grated Parmesan and half a slice of Parma ham
Cook’s tip: for bite size canapés, use smaller squares of fill party to line the moulds of a mini muffin pan. The filling mixture should make enough for 18-20 canapés.